This week Clay and Chris talk to Deb Fryers about her role as a publicist, producer, and manager. Deb has worked on a number of classic Australian films including Noise, Charlie & Boots, as well as Clay's feature film Kenny, and she currently runs her own firm Deb Fryers Entertainment.
We had a great discussion on how filmmakers can market their work, including lots of stories behind the release of Kenny, and a few slightly embarrassing moments for Chris.
We hope you enjoy this weeks episode, stay tuned for our next episode with director/cinematographer Tom Swinburne, a young Melbourne-based feature filmmaker inspired by mumblecore movement.
Points of Discussion:
- How filmmakers can sell themselves to distributors
- The role of the Producer and Unit Publicist
- Importance of online content and advertising
- Building a brand for your film & brand consistency
- Road testing marketing materials
- Approaching famous actors to be in your project